Admissions for 2023-2024
If you have a student in need of placement, please send a referral packet to the attention of Shannon Laferriere, Supervisor for Enrollment Services. This packet may be mailed directly to Lighthouse School or sent electronically to Ms. Laferriere at laferriereS@lighthouseschool.org, whichever is most convenient for you.
We will then contact you about the best way to conduct the referral. We always welcome our LEA representatives to be part of the process and will be happy to accommodate your schedule in order for you to join us. We value our ongoing partnership with our districts and families as we work together to help our students experience growth and success.
Procedures for applying for admission
to Lighthouse School include:
- A formal referral packet from the sending school district
- A Pre-Enrollment Application filled out by the parent/guardian
- A visit with the student and the parent/guardian(s)
- A comprehensive review by the Enrollment Team of the student’s health record
The formal referral packet from the referring school district should include the following:
- Reason for Referral
- Current IEP and Progress Reports
- Most recent school system evaluations
- Reports from hospitalizations and/or outside agencies
- MCAS testing status or results or Portfolio samples
- Transcripts for high school students
The following procedures are followed to determine whether a student will be admitted to Lighthouse School:
- A visit/interview is conducted with the student, and his/her family or guardian. The visit allows for the opportunity for everyone to learn about our program and services.
- The visit includes a detailed description of programs, treatment philosophy and policies.
- Representatives from our Directors Team meet all the families and students at the time of the visit to make sure our policies and procedures are clear and to answer any further questions.
- At the end of the visit, there is a discussion with parents/guardians about the admissions process and a formal letter advising them of these procedures.
- Supervisory and Management Staff work together to decide whether the needs of the student can be met at Lighthouse School. Referral packets, staff recommendations and medical and clinical records are reviewed by the Enrollment Team at a weekly Enrollment meeting. Admissions decisions are generally made at this meeting, unless the team requires additional information.
- The school system is notified about the Enrollment Team decision immediately following the decision and the district works with the family to decide whether to accept placement at Lighthouse School.
Referrals can be mailed, faxed or emailed to:Shannon Laferriere, Supervisor for Enrollment
Lighthouse School, Inc.
25 Wellman Avenue
North Chelmsford, MA 01863
Enrollment Fax: 978-251-8950