What You Need to Know
- School Hours of Operation - 8:25 – 2:30.
- There are no half days, teachers’ days or other changes to this schedule. While some schools have delayed openings due to snow or other factors, this is never the case with Lighthouse. If we are open, it is for a full school day.
- Our school year is 180 days.
- Transportation to and from Lighthouse – Door-to-door; provided by the student’s local school system.
- Contacting Lighthouse School:
- Corporate hours between 8:00 – 6:00: 978-251-4050
- Outside of these hours - Call the Family Support System:
- Support Line 1: 978-821-1351
- Support Line 2: 978-821-0316
- Family Contact Information- Be sure to communicate to us any changes to contact information, especially telephone numbers to be used in an emergency. It is essential that up to date contact information be maintained.
- Breakfast - All students are offered supplemental breakfast (cereal and milk) between 8:30 and 9:00.
- Lunch - Students must bring a lunch everyday. Students do not have access to microwaves or ovens and thus should bring a lunch that does not require heating. If you believe that your child qualifies for a free or reduced lunch, please contact us.
- Snacks - Snacks are dependent on the age of the student. Speak to your Family Therapist to determine what is best for your child. Snacks are provided by the family.
- Pens, pencils, paper, and other school supplies - Everything that students need to complete schoolwork and assignments is provided for them by Lighthouse School.
- Visits - Parents are welcome, however, scheduled appointments are preferred. Parents and other visitors will be accompanied by the student's Family Therapist or other designated staff.
- Report Cards and Progress Reports - Report Cards and Progress Reports are mailed quarterly.
- Credits towards high school graduation requirements are granted by the student’s sending school system.
- Homework - Homework is dependent on the student’s age and programming requirements. All homework protocols may be modified based on collaboration with the family. Typically, there is no weekend or vacation homework.
- Student Personal Items - All personal items are to be kept in student lockers.
- Lighthouse School is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items. What may be allowed on the bus is the decision of individual transportation providers and does not involve Lighthouse School. Particularly problematic are electronic devices such as cell phones and devices that can access the Internet. Students cannot use or keep these devices with them during the school day. Violations of this school rule may lead to the device being confiscated and/or student suspension. We ask for parental assistance and support on this issue.
- Student Consents - Every year students and families are required to sign a series of consent forms. These consents include but are not limited to medical and major treatment issues. Failure to have current consents on file could jeopardize a student’s placement at Lighthouse School.